I know what you’re thinking… Cheese…. in ice cream?! Absolutely! Now, this kind of ice cream is something completely different and unique. You might be expecting something sweet, but it is far from sweet, for all the right reasons.
Goat cheese ice cream might just blow your mind. For all you cheese lovers, this is a must try! Although it is ice cream, I wouldn’t consider it as a dessert, it is something that can be served with appetizers and entrees such as soups, spread on bread or even serve alongside some fresh salad. The possibilities are endless! This ice cream is definitely not sweet like you might expect, but it does taste delicious. The flavor is sharp and you can definitely taste the goat’s cheese. I find it best served with warm dishes so you can get that ‘melt in the mouth’ feeling to make it even more mouthwatering!
What You Need
4 oz Goat’s Cheese – Come pick up your delicious, top quality Goat’s Cheese at Shisler’s Cheese House!
3 tablespoon corn syrup
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
4 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
What To Do
1. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the goat’s cheese and corn syrup until smooth.
2. In a small pan, bring the milk and cream to a boil over high heat. Then remove from heat. Whilst cream mixture is coming to a boil, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix one fourth of the hot cream mixture to the eggs to temper them. Whisk in another quarter of the mixture, then add the egg mixture to the cream in the pan. Cook over low heat, consistently stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon. Do not overcook because eggs will scramble. Remove from heat and strain using fine-mesh strainer into a bowl set over a large bowl of ice water.
4. Add the goat’s cheese to the bowl and mix to combine.
5. Freeze the goat cheese base in an ice cream machine according to its instructions. It will keep for 1 week, frozen. Enjoy!